Code of ethics
Compass Independent Financial Services Ltd is committed to observing the highest standards of ethical behaviour and, as such, expects its advisers and support staff to observe and abide by the following:
- To act honestly and fairly at all times when dealing with clients and to act in the best interests of each client and treat them fairly.
- To act with integrity in fulfilling the responsibilities of your appointment and seek to avoid any acts, omissions or business practices which damage the reputation of Compass Independent Financial Services Ltd and the financial services industry.
- To observe applicable law, regulations and professional conduct standards when carrying out financial services activities.
- To observe the standards of market integrity, good practice and conduct required or expected of participants in markets when engaging in any form of market dealings.
- To only make recommendations that are suitable, appropriate and that puts the interests of the client first.
- To attain and actively manage a level of professional competence appropriate to your responsibilities and commit to continued learning to ensure the currency of your knowledge, skills and expertise.
- To decline any engagement for which you are not competent unless you have access to such advice and assistance as will enable you to carry out the work competently.
- To uphold the highest personal and professional standards.
John Hughes Dip PFS – Managing Director